WOW – Carbon monoxide kills one, sickens 19 at Long Island restaurant

It doesn’t take long for Carbon Monoxide to take it’s toll on health and sometimes life.  This is why we cannot make a building energy efficient without checking the heating system first.  And THIS is why Building Analysts need BPI certification. 

A.J. Carter, spokesman for the Town of Huntington, said a fire marshal traced the poisonous odorless (and colorless) gas to a leaky flue of a restaurant’s heating system.

The issue was in the basement, where the manager – and later the assistant manager – were overcome.  The assistant manager remains hospitalized.

Read more from NYDailyNews.com

Advertisements
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s